2B20.65 Bag Blowup
Small forces on small areas transfer to large forces on large areas
When a bag is inflated, it lifts a weight placed on top of it.
-  Weight
-  Sealed plastic bag with a tube attached
-  Plank of plywood that is roughly the same size as the bag
- A textbook works very well as a weight
- Place the bag on the table.
- Place the piece of plywood on the bag to protect it from the weight.
- Place the weight on the plywood.
- Blow into the tube to inflate the bag. The weight will be lifted by the inflating bag.
- PIRA 2B20.65
- Don't attempt this at home!
- A tube was inserted into one corner of a sturdy square storage bag and the bag was sealed with tape
- The bag is roughly the size of a first year physics text book
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.