1C30.10 Basketball Drop
Free fall, uniform acceleration
The motion of a basketball undergoing free fall is captured using a motion detector.
-  Basketball
-  Lab stand
-  Counterweight
-  Steel rod
-  90-degree clamp
-  Go!Motion motion detector
-  USB cable
- Place the lab stand on the table.
- Add a counterweight on the base of the lab stand.
- Attach the motion detector to the lab stand as shown in the image above.
- Connect the motion detector to a computer using a USB cable.
- Hold the basketball below the motion detector using two hands.
- Release the ball and let it fall.
- PIRA 1C30.10
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.