2B30.45 Card and Glass
The card is placed on the glass of water and they are turned upside down. The water stays in the glass.
-  Playing card
-  Glass
-  Tray
- Colored water
- This demonstration requires practice in advance
- Fill the glass with colored water.
- Place the card on the glass.
- Keeping the card in place, slowly turn the glass upside down over the tray in case of spillage.
- Release the card. The water will stay in the glass.
- PIRA 2B30.45
- Walter Thumm "A question of air pressure" TPT ?, 242 (April 1973)
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.