2B40.30 Cartesian Driver
The Cartesian diver is an object with a compressible air bladder to change its density. When the diver is placed in a sealed water bottle and the bottle is squeezed, the diver sinks. When the bottle is not squeezed, the diver floats.
-  Water bottle with Cartesian diver
-  Camera, if necessary
- Arrange the bottle so it is visible on the camera.
- Squeeze the bottle until the diver sinks.
- Let go of the bottle so the diver floats.
- PIRA 2B40.30
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.