2B60.29 Chain Siphon
A chain of beads self-siphons out of a beaker with a sufficient height change once set in motion.
-  Chain
-  Beaker
-  Funnel
-  Lab stand
-  Ring clamp
- Place an empty beaker on the lab stand.
- Attach the ring clamp to the lab stand.
- Place the funnel on the ring clamp.
- Hold the beaker containing the chain above the funnel.
- Grab one red-taped end of the chain and feed it into the funnel. This should make the chain steadily siphon out of the top beaker.
- PIRA 2B60.29
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.