1E10.10 Crossing the River
A toy tractor moves across a piece of paper being pulled along the floor.
-  Tractor toy
-  Large piece of paper
-  Metre stick
-  Lab stand
-  90-degree clamp
-  Aluminum rod
-  Video camera
-  Tripod
- Place the paper flat on the floor.
- Slip metre sticks into pockets on the sides of the paper.
- Clamp the rod to the lab stands to make a diagonal over the paper.
- Mount the camera on the tripod to have an overhead view of the demo.
- Plug the camera into power and the video input for the projector.
- Check that the camera works.
- The tractor's battery compartment needs to be securely taped shut for it to work.
- Turn on the tractor.
- Using the metre sticks as handles, move the paper so that the tractor travels along the rod.
- Turn off the tractor.
- PIRA 1E10.10
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.