6A44.40 Laser and Fibre Optics
Total internal reflection, rays
Light from a flashlight or laser pointer undergoes total internal reflection inside optical fibres and light pipes.
-  Flashlight
-  Red laser pointer
-  Green laser pointer
-  Fibre optic cable
-  Fibre optic plant
-  Fibre optic bundle
-  Set of light pipes
-  Document camera
- Put fibre optic plant on base.
- Lasers can cause blindness. Use with caution.
- Shine flashlight through various items.
- Shine laser pointer through various items to illustrate paths of light rays.
- PIRA 6A44.40
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.