2C20.30 Floating Ball
A ball is suspended in the air stream provided by a reversed vacuum cleaner according to the Bernoulli's principle.
-  Reversed vacuum cleaner
-  1.5 L plastic bottle
- Styrofoam and plastic balls of various sizes
- Connect the reversed vacuum to a power source.
- Ensure demo will not be placed beneath low-hanging lights or low ceiling.
- Place a ball on top of the vacuum cleaner.
- Turn on the vacuum. Notice that the ball is floating in the air.
- Replace the ball with a different-sized ball or a plastic bottle.
- Catch the floating object mid-air before turning off the vacuum.
- PIRA 2C20.30
- Don't attempt this at home!
- Flying Toilet Paper
- Funnel and Ball
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.