3D40.XX Gas Cylinder
An empty gas cylinder resonates at a specific pitch when held by the string and struck with a hammer. Similarly, a metal bowl produces a nice sound when set vibrating by striking it with a hammer.
-  Empty gas cylinder
-  Metal bowl
-  Hammer
- The gas cylinder is quite heavy.
- Hold the gas cylinder by the string.
- Strike the gas cylinder near its base with a hammer.
- Hold the metal bowl with one hand. Make sure the hand touches the bowl at one small contact point at the base of the bowl.
- Strike the bowl lightly with a hammer.
- PIRA 3D40.XX
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.