6A10.45 Infinity Mirror (Parallel Mirrors)
Reflection, flat mirrors, energy
Light from a ring of LEDs reflects repeatedly between two mirrors, making many images of the LEDs and creating the illusion of a deep hole. One of the mirrors is half-silvered so that it can reflect, but also let light out for your eyes to see. The LED images dim with each reflection since some light can escape from one of the mirrors.
-  Infinity mirror
-  Flashlight
- Plug in the infinity mirror.
- Turn off the lights.
- Turn on the infinity mirror.
- Shine the flashlight into the infinity mirror and observe the flashlight reflections.
- PIRA 6A10.45
- Don't attempt this at home!
- Cell phone LED flashlights work well with this demo.
- This demo was purchased from Nada Scientific.
- There is a larger, staff-built version of this in the hallway on 9000-level.
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.