2B20.50 Pressure Syringe
Hydrostatic pressure is the same in all directions
The pressure syringe squirts water with equal force in all directions.
-  Pressure syringe (a glass sphere with holes in it on the end of a glass tube with a piston)
-  Beaker of water
- This demonstration squirts water all over the classroom
- Insert the glass sphere of the pressure syringe into the beaker of water.
- Pull the piston up to fill the sphere with water.
- Point the syringe at the wall.
- Push the piston down to squirt the water out of the sphere. The water will squirt with equal force in all directions.
- PIRA 2B20.50
- Sutton M-271 Pressure the Same in All Directions - Pascal's Law. DHP Fb-2.
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.