5C10.10 Sample Capacitors
Capacitor types and sizes
The sample capacitors demonstrate the wide range of capacitor types and sizes. Notable are the dissected electrolytic capacitors that can be unwound.
-  Various capacitors
- Show the capacitors one by one and discuss the physical properties of each.
- In a small- to medium-sized classroom, pass around the capacitors.
- PIRA 5C10.10
- Don't attempt this at home!
- Capacitor designs include air-gapped metal plates and electrolytic capacitors.
- Original construction: purchased and salvaged from old computers and electronic equipment.
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.