6C10.20 Two Finger Slit
This is a simple experiment to show the diffraction pattern of a light passing through a small slit formed by two fingers held together close to the eye.
-  Light bulb with vertical filament
-  Bulb socket
- Place the light bulb somewhere in the classroom where it is visible to all students.
- Ask students to look at the light bulb through a small slit formed by holding two fingers together close to their eye.
- You should see a diffraction pattern that changes as you increase or decrease your finger gap.
- PIRA 6C10.20
- Don't attempt this at home!
If you have any questions about the demos or notes you would like to add to this page, contact Ricky Chu at ricky_chu AT sfu DOT ca.