2019 CAP Congress - SFU Burnaby (June 3-7)
Simon Fraser University is pleased to be the host of this year’s Canadian Association of Physicists (CAP) Congress, the national meeting for Canadian researchers in Physics. The congress includes multiple opportunities for the public, teachers and students to engage with Physics at SFU. We invite the greater Vancouver community to join us for these exciting events.
For More Information on CAP Congress Events
Driving directions and campus maps – http://www.sfu.ca/parking/maps-and-directions.html
Public Transit – translink.bc.ca
- Use your Visa card (single fare), or buy a Compass Card ($6.00) and pre-pay (stored value)
- Order a Compass Card online (may take up to 7 business days to arrive)
- Fares depend on the number of zones in which you travel on each trip
- An all-bus trip is only 1 zone
- For transit schedules, download the Transit App on your mobile device.
|Type||1 Zone||2 Zone||3 Zone|
- Three car sharing companies have partnered with SFU Parking and Sustainable Mobility to bring their vehicles to SFU's Burnaby campus: ZipCar, EVO, and Modo.
- ZipCar is located in the West Parkade, in the Upper Level of East Parking, and in the Residence Main lot.
- Evo has reserved stalls in the West Parkade, and in the Upper Level of East Parking; Evo overflow parking is designated to the rooftop level of the West Parkade, and to the lower levels of the East Parking Lot.
- Modo is located in the Residence Main Lot.
Parking – http://www.sfu.ca/parking/visitors.html
- There is no free parking on the SFU Burnaby Campus; vehicles not displaying a valid SFU parking permit must pay the daily parking rate either at the ticket vending machine, or through the Passport Canada mobile app.
- There are a number of surface visitor parking lots and parkades located on the Burnaby campus. Please check the Rates and Refunds section for daily rates; maps and directions can be found here.
- Those parking on campus are responsible for abiding by the Parking Regulations; Parking and Sustainable Mobility Services both tickets and impounds vehicles found to be parked in violation.
Coming soon – information about special event rate for CAP Congress
SFU alternative transportation page – http://www.sfu.ca/parking/alternative-transportation.html.
- Includes information on transit, car sharing, carpooling and ridesharing, electric vehicles, cycling, and walking