NTNU/SFU PHYSICS UNDERGRADUATE SUMMER RESEARCH POSITION
SPEND SUMMER 2018 IN TAIWAN!
In partnership with the Department of Physics, National Taiwan Normal University in Taipei, SFU Physics is pleased to announce an NTNU/SFU Summer Research Position for Summer 2018. The selected student will undertake a funded 16-week summer research term, with 12 weeks at NTNU and four weeks at SFU.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Amount of Funding
$8800 CDN total salary over the 16 week period, plus economy class airfare reimbursement and coverage of residence and cafeteria fees at NTNU.
- Be enrolled in any undergraduate physics major or honours program (physics, applied physics, biological physics, chemical physics, or mathematical physics) at SFU at the time of application;
- Have completed at minimum the first year of an undergraduate physics program at SFU at the time of travel (Summer 2018).
- All eligible students (Co-op or non-Co-op) may apply. However, once selected, the student will be required to enroll in a Co-operative Education (Co-op) work term for Summer 2018. Regular Co-op Education tuition and fees, including an application fee, will apply. Please see SFU’s Academic Calendar for details.
- The student will be required to complete Co-op requirements related to this placement, including submission of a Work Report. Please visit the Science Co-Op Website for additional details.
1. Complete the application form available here.
You will need to upload:
- An unofficial transcript
- A 250-500 word statement of interest, including answers to the following questions:
2. Request two academic letters of reference, with at least one from SFU, to be forwarded by referees to email@example.com by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: December 22, 2017