NTNU/SFU PHYSICS UNDERGRADUATE SUMMER RESEARCH POSITION
SPEND SUMMER 2019 IN TAIWAN!
In partnership with the Department of Physics, National Taiwan Normal University in Taipei, SFU Physics is pleased to announce an NTNU/SFU Summer Research Position for Summer 2019. The selected student will undertake a funded 16-week summer research term, with 10 weeks (June 21st through August 29th) at NTNU and 6 weeks (May 6th through June 14th) at SFU.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Amount of Funding
$8800 CDN total salary over the 16 week period, plus reimbursement of economy class airfare and residence fees at NTNU.
- Be enrolled in any undergraduate physics major or honours program (physics, applied physics, biological physics, chemical physics, or mathematical physics) at SFU at the time of application;
- Have completed at minimum the first year of an undergraduate physics program at SFU at the time of travel (Summer 2019).
- All eligible students (Co-op or non-Co-op) may apply. However, once selected, the student will be required to enroll in a Co-operative Education (Co-op) work term for Summer 2019. Regular Co-op Education tuition and fees, including an application fee, will apply. Please see SFU’s Academic Calendar for details.
- The student will be required to complete Co-op requirements related to this placement, including submission of a Work Report. Please visit the Science Co-Op Website for additional details.
1. Complete the application form available here.
You will need to upload:
- An unofficial transcript
- A 250-500 word statement of interest, including answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in this program?
- Which NTNU research project listed at http://www2.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/infron/recruit.php?Sn=34 interests you most, and why?*
- What relevant experience would you bring to a physics research project?
2. Request two academic letters of reference, with at least one from SFU, to be forwarded by referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019