Simon Fraser University Postdoctoral Association Election Procedures
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2021-2022 ELECTION
- Nomination deadline : June 22st 2021, 5:00pm
- Deadline to vote by E-mail: June 23rd 2021
- AGM on zoom: June 23rd 2021, 1:00 pm
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDATES
- Simon Fraser University (SFU) Postdoctoral Research Fellows (PDFs) are invited to nominate themselves or fellow PDFs for one of the elected positions on the PDA Executive Council.
- Nominations shall include name, contact details, intended position, brief pitch about why the nominated individual deserves a vote (max 100 words). Nomination need to be submitted to the SFU Postdoctoral Association at email@example.com by 5:00pm on June 22st 2021
- If you don't know which position you want to apply to, you can just send a general application without specifying the position.
- During the election meeting at the AGM, each candidate will be given the opportunity to briefly address the assembled PDFs (5 minutes max). Those PDFs present will have the opportunity to ask the candidates questions.
- All current SFU PDFs are entitled to one vote per position. For each position, the candidate with the greatest number of valid votes will be elected to the position.
- PDFs not able to participate at the elections are able to vote beforehand using e-mail. Instructions for how to do this will be sent to the PDA mail list.
- In case the results of the vote are ambiguous (e.g. a tie), a second round of voting will be performed. If the results of the second round are ambiguous, the final result will be determined with the toss of a coin.