- Strategic Plan
- The President
- About Joy
- Statement on academic freedom
- Welcome back faculty and staff
- Welcome back students
- Statement on scholar strike
- Reflections on my first 30 days
- Taking care of ourselves, taking care of each other
- Equity, diversity and inclusion commitments
- Statement on SFU's Athletics Team Name Change
- Finding connection in times of adversity
- Wishing you a safe and restful holiday break
- Op-ed: SFU helping drive social, economic innovation in time of crisis
- Executive Searches
- Search for Vice-President Advancement & Alumni Engagement
- Search for Vice-President Research & International
President’s Statement on Hatred and Intolerance
Recent events in Charlottesville have drawn attention to the threats posed to society by those who advocate racism, xenophobia and anti-Semitism. And the responses of some in Canada provide a disturbing reminder that these threats are no less relevant to this country.
We at Simon Fraser University must be vigilant in condemning those who promote hatred and intolerance, while redoubling our efforts to create a safe, respectful and supportive environment for all members of our community.
SFU is proud to be a globally engaged university whose vision commits us to “foster a culture of inclusion and mutual respect, celebrating the diversity and multi-ethnic character reflected amongst [our] students, staff, faculty, and our society.”
The events of this past week reaffirm the importance of us working together every day to make this commitment a reality.