- Contact Us
- Administration & Staff
- Current Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty & Other Members
- Retired Faculty & Staff
- In Memoriam
- Indigenous Reconciliation
- IRC Events
- Upcoming: Adam Murry IRC Event - Going where the need is: Psychological research in the context of reconciliation
- Upcoming: Amy Bombay IRC Event - The intergenerational trauma and the protective effects of culture...
- iskotew & crow: (re)igniting narratives of Indigenous survivance & trauma wisdom in psychology
- The Culturally Responsive Framework, Developing strength-based trauma-informed practices & Indigenous wellbeing
- A Year in Public Health: The Collision of Three Public Health Emergencies
- Other Ongoing Events
- What is Reconciliation?
- Territorial Acknowledgment
- Student Profiles
- IRC Committee Members
- IRC Events
- Areas of Study
- Academic Advising
- Course Information
- Academic Honesty
- Psychology Student Union
- Graduate Chair's Welcome
- Clinical Psychology Program
- Psychology Graduate Program
- Current Students
- Upcoming Thesis Defences
- Psychology Grad Caucus
- News & Events
- All Families Lab
- Autism & Developmental Disabilities Lab
- ADDL in the Media
- April 16, 2021 - Presentation - Dr. Iarocci and Vanessa Fong
- ADDL - New Name & Website
- New Webinar and Event Recordings Available
- ADDL Welcomes New Students
- Congrats to Former ADDL Volunteers and Future SLPs
- Anxiety Management during COVID-19
- Camp for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Congratulations to Former ADDL Volunteers and Future SLPs
- ADDL Students Present at INSAR 2022
- Inclusive Theatre & Filmmaking Camp
- November 24th, 2022 - Public Talk - Dr. Grace Iarocci
- Join the Lab
- Mailing List
- Children's Memory Research Group
- Cognitive Aging Lab
- Culture and Development Lab
- Douglas Research Lab
- Dr. Aknin's Helping and Happiness Lab
- Human Neuropsychology Lab
- Measurement and Modelling Lab
- Mental Health, Law and Policy Institute
- Personality and Emotion Research Lab
- Psychological Methods Consulting
- Singlehood Experiences and Complexities Underlying Relationships (SECURE) Lab
- Spalek Laboratory of Attention Memory and Perception
- Studies in Methodology and Philosophy of Psychological Science Lab
- Lab Members
- Join Our Lab
- Contact Us
- Translational Neuroscience Lab
- Vision Lab
- Weight and Eating Lab
- Clinical Psychology Centre
- login (for Dept. Members)
Areas of interest
Law and Forensic (primary), Clinical Science
Law and psychology, including forensic assessment, competency to stand trial, jail mental health, juvenile justice.
Roesch, R., & Goossens, I. (2020). Improving police procedures for dealing with individuals with mental illness. In P. Marques & M. Paulino (Eds.), Police psychology: New trends in forensic psychological science. New York: Elsevier Academic Press.
Roesch, R., Kayfitz, J. H., Watt, M. C., Cooper, B. S., Guy, L. S., Hill, D., Haag, A. M., Pomichalek, M., & Kolton, J. C. (2019). Fitness to stand trial and criminal responsibility assessments: Advocating for changes to the Canadian Criminal Code. Canadian Psychology, 60, 148-154.
Roesch, R. (2018). Forensic mental health services and competence to stand trial. In T. Grisso & S. Brodsky (Eds.), The roots of modern psychology and law: A narrative history (pp. 127-142). New York: Oxford University Press.
Roesch, R., & Cook, A. N. (Eds.). (2017). Handbook of forensic mental health services. New York: Routledge.
Jackson, R. A., & Roesch, R. (Eds.). (2016). Learning forensic assessment: Research and practice. New York: Routledge.
Roesch, R., Zapf, P. A., Hart, S. D., & Connolly, D. A. (2014). Forensic psychology and law: A Canadian perspective. Toronto, ON: Wiley.
Roesch, R., & Zapf, P. A. (Eds.). (2012). Forensic assessments in criminal and civil law: A handbook for lawyers. NY: Oxford University Press.
Cook, A. N., & Roesch, R. (2012). "Tough on crime" reforms: What psychology has to say about the recent and proposed justice policy in Canada. Canadian Psychology, 53, 217–225.
Zapf, P. A., & Roesch, R. (2009). Best practices in forensic mental health assessments: Evaluation of competence to stand trial. NY: Oxford University Press.
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.