The Department of Psychology offers two graduate programs leading to MA and PhD degrees.
1. The Psychology Graduate program offers specializations in one of the following six Research Areas:
- Cognitive & Neural Sciences
- History, Quantitative & Theoretical
- Law & Forensic Psychology
- Social Psychology
2. The Clinical Psychology Graduate program offers training under one of the following 4 options:
Our graduate programs are oriented toward a PhD degree. Those seeking only a master's degree are discouraged from applying. Students with Bachelor degrees must submit their applications to the MA program. Please note that our graduate programs are not offered online.
Typically, students admitted to our graduate programs have a Psychology Honours degree or a Psychology Major with strong research experience, as well as excellent performance in psychology methodology and statistics courses.
All application materials must be submitted online. We require one copy of all official transcripts to be mailed to SFU Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for those offered admission. Please refer to Application Information for further details.
If you have questions about the psychology graduate program, please contact the Psychology Graduate Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.