Invitation to Submit Application for Open Space
During the week of September 18th-23rd the SFU Public Square and the Vancouver Foundation co-presented a weeklong Community Summit exploring the issues of isolation and disconnection in the urban environment. We understood that a public square is not only a place for SFU to engage with the community, it is also a space where individuals and community groups may self-organize. To this end, we were excited to offer free open space at our three SFU campuses (Surrey, Vancouver, Burnaby).
Congratulations to our Open Space Recipients!
SFU Public Square is proud to have provided free open space to the following individuals and community groups at our campuses in Burnaby, Surrey and Vancouver during our 2012 community summit, Alone Together: Connecting in the City. Along with the opportunity for these individuals and groups to hold their meetings and events free of charge, each recipient received a $500 grant to aid in the process of hosting a meeting or event.
- Village Vancouver
- Village Surrey
- Vancouver Society of Storytelling
- Free Will University
- Agorabora Collaborative Community Co-operative
- Yoga Outreach
- Iranian Educators Society for Families
- Heart of Belonging
- Let’s Talk Cohousing
- Society for Children and Youth of BC
- Active Choices
- Miracle Connection
- Community Living BC
- Surrey Interfaith Contemplative Group
- BC Association of Community Response Networks
- Canadian Centre for Elder Law
- Umoja Operation Compassion Society
- Vancouver Newcomers Club