The Age of Worry:
Youth-Specific Impacts of COVID-19
How are under 30’s being impacted by COVID and what responses are missing? Share your needs and ideas in a virtual dialogue!
- How do particular features of youth life (less rooted, renting, school, part-time work, multiple contracts, roommates, transit users) create unique challenges in a time of physical distancing and social upheaval?
- What youth needs are currently left out or unaddressed by COVID-19-specific government policy and actions?
- What resources and initiatives are available to youth to support their health (financially, mentally, physically, emotionally)?
Robert Barnard - Youthful Cities
Dylan Cohen - Community Organizer
Cristina Ilnitchi - Student Advocate, UBC AMS
Lindsay McKinnon - Broadway Youth Resource Centre
12:00 - 1:15 PM
A link and password to join the event will be sent to registrants via Eventbrite.
ACCESSIBILITY, TECHNOLOGY AND PRIVACY
This workshop will be presented in a participatory webinar format using Zoom. To engage fully you will need:
- A laptop, computer, or smartphone
- A webcam
- A microphone
- Speakers or headphones
Protecting your privacy
To ensure that we are using Zoom in a privacy-conscious way, we are following best practices for this online event series:
- We will only circulate the meeting link to those who are registered for the event
- We will password protect the meeting
- We will enable end-to-end encryption
- We will not use attention tracking
To protect your own privacy we suggest that:
- You use a unique email address to log into Zoom. This is so that Zoom can’t cross-reference your profile with the rest of your digital profiles under your email address.
- We suggest you do not use your Facebook profile to log into Zoom. This is so that Zoom can’t cross-reference you with your Facebook account.
- We remind you that whatever you say in the webinar is public and recorded, so please do not share sensitive information about yourself or others, and do not say anything you do not wish to enter the public domain.
To protect the privacy of others we ask that:
- You do not record or photograph yourself, other participants, or the hosts during the webinar, unless permission is requested and given.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding this event’s accessibility or privacy, feel free to connect with us at email@example.com.