Refereed Book Chapters
• Lertzman, K. and A. MacKinnon. In Press. Why Watersheds: Evaluating the Protection of Undeveloped Watersheds as a Conservation Strategy in Northwestern North America. In: Orians, G.H. and J.W. Schoen (editors). Ecology and Conservation of North Pacific Rainforests. (in press) University of Washington Press, Seattle, WA.
• D. Reedy, W.C. McClatchey, V. Savo, C. Smith, Y.H. Lau, K.W. Bridges. 2011. Cider house learning; Education based on taste and smell. In: E.J. Lynch, A.P. Petrov (Eds). Sense of taste. Nova Science Publishers, New York, pp. 1-20. ISBN: 978-1-61209-748-0.
• V. Savo. 2010. Uses of Plants in the Amalfi Coast/ Usi delle piante in Costiera amalfitana [bilingual] Officine Zephiro Ed., Amalfi (Italy). ISBN: 978-88-903571-9-0.
• Hughes, J., Fall, A., Safranyik, L., Lertzman, K.P. 2007. Modeling the effect of landscape pattern on mountain pine beetles. Natural Resources Canada, Canadian Forest Service, Pacific Forestry Centre, Victoria, British Columbia. Information Report BC-X-407. 53 p.
• Michelfelder, V. and K.P. Lertzman. 2006. Community Structure of Forage Plants Consumed by Black Bears in the Nimpkish Valley, British Columbia. Technical report 035. B.C. Ministry of Forests and Range, Research Branch.
• Lepofsky, D. D. Hallett, K. Washbrook, A. McHalsie, K. Lertzman, and R. Mathewes. 2005. Documenting precontact plant management on the Northwest Coast: An example of prescribed burning in the central and upper Fraser Valley, British Columbia. In “Keeping it Living: Traditions of Plant Use and Cultivation on the Northwest Coast”, edited by D.E. Deur and N.J. Turner. University of Washington Press, Seattle.
• Lertzman, K.P. and J. Fall. 1998. From forest stands to landscapes: Spatial scales and the roles of disturbances. in Peterson, D. and V.T. Parker (eds.), Ecological Scale: Theory and Applications. Columbia University Press. [Introduction]
• Lertzman, K., T. Spies, and F. Swanson. 1997. From ecosystem dynamics to ecosystem management. Pgs. 361-382 in Schoonmaker, P., B. von Hagen, and E. Wolf, (eds.), The rainforests of home: Profile of a North American Bioregion. Island Press, Washington, D.C.
• Lertzman, K.P. and C.L. Gass. 1983. Alternative models of pollen transfer. in C. Jones and C. Little (eds.), The Handbook of experimental pollination biology. Van Nostrand Rheinhold.