Apply to REM
Applications for the Fall 2020 intake open in late October. There is only one intake annually for the REM graduate program.
The deadline to submit all documents, including references, is 25 January, 2020. Only online applications are accepted. Sending additional paper documentation before it is requested does not help your application and will not be included.
Application to REM
All prospective graduate students apply through the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies who is responsible for processing and distributing the applications to the departments. Comprehensive application instructions are available on their website. To apply:
- Review the prerequisites. Ensure that you will meet the statistics requirement. You can also begin to contact and prepare your referees.
- Once applications open, fill out online application form and pay the application fee.
- Upload all transcripts, your CV, and your Statement of Interest into the application system.
- Provide names and e-mails for three referees. They will receive an e-mail which will allow them to log into SFU’s application system and complete an reference electronically.
- Ph.D. applicants must arrange for official GRE scores to be submitted
- Applicants whose native language is not English must arrange to have IELTS or TOEFL scores to be submitted. More information for international students is available on the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website.
- Applicants who are interested in the Planning Stream have to apply for entrance into the regular MRM program and, once accepted, switch into the Planning Stream.
There is an application fee of CA$90 (CA$125 for applicants submitting any transcripts from a non-Canadian University) which needs to be paid by credit card (MasterCard or Visa) in order to complete the online application. Applicants without access to a credit card can pay these fees in person, through online banking, or by wire transfer. It is very important that the student number and student name is received with the wire transfer.
For TOEFL and TWE: SFU code 0999, REM code 46.
For GRE: SFU code 0999, REM code 0110
After You Have Submitted Your Application
All information sent to the School is held in confidence and not returned. Information attached to unsuccessful applications will be securely destroyed. Faculty will review and decide on which students to take during February and this information is submitted to the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, who is responsible for sending offers or rejections. You can anticipate an update on your application by the end of April although in some cases, it can take longer to make a final decision. Please be patient.