- BSc, Chemistry, Free University of Amsterdam
- MSc, Environ. Chem. & Toxicology, University of Amsterdam
- PhD, Chemical Eng., University of Toronto
Dr. Gobas is an environmental chemist and toxicologist, who is interested in the behavior, effects and associated ecological and human health risks of chemical pollutants in the environment. Dr. Gobas teaches in the Resource & Environmental Management Program and in the Master of Environmental Toxicology Program at SFU.
Information on his current research program can be found at his website and his publications include:
- Gobas F.A.P.C. and J.C. Lo. 2016. Deriving Bioconcentration Factors And Somatic Biotransformation Rates From Dietary Bioaccumulation And Depuration Tests. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 35: in Press. DOI: 10.1002/etc.3481
- Kim Jaeshin, F.A.P.C. Gobas, J.A. Arnot, D.E. Powell, R.M. Seston, K.B. Woodburn. 2016. Evaluating the roles of biotransformation, spatial concentration differences, organism home range, and field sampling design on trophic magnification factors. Science of the Total Environment. 551–552, 438–451.
- Alava, J.J., F.A.P.C. Gobas. 2016. Modeling 137Cs bioaccumulation in the salmon–resident killer whale food web of the Northeastern Pacific following the Fukushima Nuclear Accident. Science of The Total Environment. 554:56-67.
- Alava J.J., P.S. Ross and F.A.P.C. Gobas. 2016. Food Web Bioaccumulation Model for Resident Killer Whales from the Northeastern Pacific Ocean as a Tool for the Derivation of PBDE-Sediment Quality Guidelines. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 70:155–168. DOI 10.1007/s00244-015-0215-y
- Gobas, F.A.P.C., D.E. Powell, K.B. Woodburn, T. Springer, D.B. Huggett. 2015. Bioaccumulation of Decamethylpentacyclosiloxane (D5) in Aquatic and Non-Aquatic Biota: A Review. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 34(12), 2703–2714.
- Lo, J.C., G.N. Allard, S.V. Otton, D.A. Campbell, F.A.P.C. Gobas. 2015. Concentration Dependence Of Biotransformation In Fish Liver S9: Optimizing Substrate Concentrations To Estimate Hepatic Clearance For Bioaccumulation Assessment. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 34(12), 2782–2790.
- Fairbrother A.E., Burton A., Klaine S.J., Powell D.E., Staples C.A., Mihiach E., Woodburn K.B., F.A.P.C. Gobas. 2015. Characterization of ecological risks from environmental releases of decamethylcyclopentasiloxane (D5). Environ Toxicol Chem. 34(12), 2715–2722.
- Lo J.C., D.A. Campbell, C.J. Kennedy, F.A.P.C. Gobas. 2015. Somatic And Gastro-Intestinal In-Vivo Biotransformation Rates Of Hydrophobic Chemicals In Fish. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 34(10), 2282–2294.
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.