Apply to REM
The applications for admission to REM in Fall 2020 are now closed. The application system will reopen for the 2021 cohort in October. We encourage you to complete any English Language Testing well in advance of starting your application.
There is only one intake annually for the REM graduate program.
Only online applications are accepted. Sending additional paper documentation before it is requested does not help your application and will not be included.
Application to REM
All prospective graduate students apply through the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies who is responsible for processing and distributing the applications to the departments. Comprehensive application instructions are available on their website. To apply:
- Review the prerequisites. Ensure that you will meet the statistics requirement. You can also begin to contact and prepare your referees.
- Once applications open, fill out online application form and pay the application fee.
- Upload all transcripts, your CV, and your Statement of Interest into the application system. You will not be able to upload any documents until you have paid your deposit.
- Provide names and e-mails for three referees. It is critically important that you have their email addresses correct. They will receive an e-mail which will allow them to log into SFU’s application system and complete an reference electronically. Because this is an automated email, it can get caught by junk filters.
- Ph.D. applicants must arrange for official GRE scores to be submitted
- Applicants whose native language is not English must arrange to have IELTS or TOEFL scores to be submitted. More information for international students is available on the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website. It is wise to complete this testing 6 months prior to doing your application. Many applicants find they are scrambling in the final weeks leading up to the deadline. Results are valid for two years.
- Applicants who are interested in the Planning Stream will apply for entrance into the regular MRM Course Work program and, once accepted, switch into the Planning Stream.
There is an application fee which needs to be paid by credit card (MasterCard or Visa) in order to complete the online application. See the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for current rates. Applicants without access to a credit card can pay these fees in person, through online banking, or by wire transfer. It is very important that the student number and student name is received with the wire transfer.
For TOEFL and TWE: SFU code 0999, REM code 46.
For GRE: SFU code 0999, REM code 0110
After You Have Submitted Your Application
All information sent to the School is held in confidence and not returned. Information attached to unsuccessful applications will be securely destroyed. Faculty will review and decide on which students to take during February and this information is submitted to the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, who is responsible for sending offers or rejections. You can anticipate an update on your application by the end of April although in some cases, it can take longer to make a final decision. Please be patient.