The Co-operative Education Program integrates workplace learning with academic studies.
Co-op is an exceptional way to acquire career-related experience and help finance your education. Students alternate academic semesters with four full-time paid work terms. Students are encouraged to apply to Co-op as early as possible in their academic career to facilitate optimal scheduling.
Why Participate in Co-op?
1. Get access to a variety of paid, quality jobs (many of which are not available to non-co-op students)
2. Explore a variety of jobs and employment areas during a sequence of work terms
3. Develop excellent résumés and get real interview experience
4. Build a network of professional contacts
5. Gain a better understanding of your coursework
6. Access jobs in other parts of BC, Canada, and the world, gaining broader experience
7. For visa students, get access to paid off-campus Canadian work experience
For further information, including admission requirements, visit www.sfu.ca/coop/env/home or contact:
Coordinator, Environment Co-op
Rm. 7130 RCB 778-782-3115
More information on our Cooperative education program can be found here.
View some sample REM Co-op positions here!