Masks Mandatory in all indoor common areas
Non-medical masks must be worn in all indoor common areas and learning spaces on SFU campuses.
All students, staff and faculty need to submit a COVID-19 Vaccine Declaration by September 20, 2021. Vaccination clinics will be available on Burnaby and Surrey campuses with more dates to be added, and there is easy access to vaccination for those on the Vancouver campus.
For more information on the current status of research at the university see SFU's Return to Campus website.
The SFU Recovery Framework outlines several guiding principles for learning and research continuity. These include:
- The university will protect the health and wellbeing of students, faculty and staff.
- The university will consider issues of accessibility, equity, diversity and inclusion in all decisions.
- The university will consider the carbon footprint and climate change adaptation implications of all decisions.
- The university will communicate decisions and guidance as early and as broadly as possible.
- Research activity will be supported to every extent possible.
- The university will take advantage of opportunities to innovate and collaborate.