Provincial Health Officer Orders and Federal Mandates
As per recent Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Orders, mandatory vaccination orders have been issued that cover a range of sectors. Several of these orders may affect activities of SFU faculty, staff and students.
Please visit the SFU Return to Campus website to determine if you—or those who you work with—are affected.
Masks mandatory in all indoor common areas
Masks are no longer required in indoor public spaces across the province and are a matter of personal choice, unless further public health orders are made. SFU encourages mask use on our campuses, particularly in spaces where people are in close proximity.
For more information on mask requirements please consult the Mask Guidelines on the SFU Return to Campus website.
Vaccination declaration and pop-up clinics
SFU community members are encouraged to submit Vaccine Declarations. Declarations are used to inform SFU’s Safety Plan to encourage the community to get vaccinated and to help SFU plan for safety measures on campus including rapid screening. Getting vaccinated is the most important thing we can do to protect ourselves and our community from COVID-19.
For more information on the current status of research at the university see SFU's Return to Campus website.
The SFU Recovery Framework outlines several guiding principles for learning and research continuity. These include:
- The university will protect the health and wellbeing of students, faculty and staff.
- The university will consider issues of accessibility, equity, diversity and inclusion in all decisions.
- The university will consider the carbon footprint and climate change adaptation implications of all decisions.
- The university will communicate decisions and guidance as early and as broadly as possible.
- Research activity will be supported to every extent possible.
- The university will take advantage of opportunities to innovate and collaborate.