- You need to register before you can access the ORE application system. You only need to register once to submit all your applications. You will need:
- An SFU email address;
- A supervisor, if you are SFU staff;
- An SFU faculty supervisor, if you are a graduate student or post-doctoral fellow;
- Note, if you an undergraduate student, your supervisor must submit as the PI of the application, as per Article 8.1, R20.01
- Make sure you have an updated version of Adobe Flash enabled in your browser. Because mobile devices (smart phones, iPads, tablets) may not be licensed to use Flash, you may be unable to register or use the system overall with such devices.
- Clear the cache in your browser.
- On the browser with the cleared cache, go to the link for on-line registration at http://researchethics.its.sfu.ca:8181. Select not registered and complete the form then submit.
- Check your SFU email for correspondence regarding your registration. You will see a confirmation email from email@example.com with the subject line, "SFU Ethics Access". You can then access the system to start your application. You should hear back within 1-2 business days.
Last updated: February 18, 2020