Off-campus access to lab computers
Open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
For more information regarding access to in-person computer labs, including up-to-date hours of operation, see our hours.
For more information on the IT Services website visit: Computer Labs
SFU Food is here to provide you with healthy, local and fresh options across Burnaby Mountain.
- 24/7 dining hall services will again be available for the start of the fall semester.
- For a comprehensive list of all available dining options and hours of operation on Burnaby Mountain, including UniverCity, see our Fall 2021 dining hall updates
Nemesis Coffee Gastown:
Open Thursday - Sunday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
For more information, including hours and dining plan options visit: SFU Food
IT Service Desk
ITS’ Service desk will be ramped up and fully staffed to assist student, staff and faculty. For more details visit: Get Help
Student and Faculty support
ITS is working to support students and faculty for return to campus through:
- Improved WiFi across all campuses (including guest WiFi).
- Introducing support for lecture recordings in more classrooms
- Expanding licenses for Zoom to support more large classes.
For more details, visit: IT Services
Access collections (course reserves, ebooks and articles)
Attend virtual workshops
Get help with research or writing through email, online chat, or virtual appointments
Bennett Library (Burnaby), Fraser Library (Surrey) and Belzberg Library (Vancouver) are open regular hours.
Visit their website to learn about all available Library services.
Meetings, Events and Conference Services
Meeting, Event, and Conference Services are available to serve both virtual (including 3D virtual spaces, Zoom webinars, and digital conferences) and in-person needs, both indoor and outdoor, for the SFU community.
For more information, please visit: Meetings, Events and Conference Services
Parking & Sustainable Mobility
- Parking & Sustainable Mobility Services have just announced a new, more user-friendly parking system with options for the fall 2021 term, including a new 10-day FlexPass parking option for commuters visiting campus two to three times per week, but do not wish to purchase a monthly or term permit.
- Hourly and daily parking can be purchased digitally via Honk Contactless Parking through your web browser or through the Honk parking app.
- This new system uses license plate recognition software that eliminates the need for paper or sticker parking passes or permits.
- Permits for students, staff and faculty, as well as external staff, will now be issued digitally through the parking website.
- Parking pay stations that issue paper tickets are currently still available for hourly or daily parking, but won’t accept cash or coins.
- Additional parking along the South Campus Rd will also be available for those driving to Burnaby campus.
- At the Surrey campus, there will be a designated parking area for the SFU permit holders to use on P3 of the Central City Mall parkade.
- Shuttle service on the Burnaby campus will again be operating to serve you on Sept 1, 2021.
- Evo, Modo, Lyft and Uber will all be available on the Burnaby campus, as will places to lock up your bike including our new bike cage. Please contact Parking and Sustainable Mobility to register for access to the bike cage.
For more information and to register for parking, please visit: Parking
Translink has announced its capacity and route plans for fall 2021. For more information please visit: Service Changes
- Please note: As of August 25, masks are again mandatory on all public transportation.
Wayfinding on Campus
- Created by students, for students, SFU Snap app provides students with the information they need to easily plan their campus experience.
- Access personalized information including course schedules, exams and upcoming Canvas assignments plus your library record.
- Also find room locations, consult transit schedules and explore campus services like dining and parking.
- The Snap App is available to download for free on the App Store
- For room finding on a desktop, check out Room Finder.
The fitness centre and pool are currently open to active students, staff and faculty.
In-person Document Solutions services on the Burnaby campus are now available along with online services to meet the print and digital needs of the community including decals, signage, posters, design support and more.
For more information please visit: Document Solutions
Construction/Renovation work in certain areas on campuses will continue into the fall. For more information please visit: Facilities Services
- SFU Facilities Services is ensuring that building ventilation (HVAC) systems (including classrooms and learning areas) are operating and maintained in accordance with WorkSafeBC requirements and relevant ASHRAE Standards for indoor air quality.
- SFU has adopted all best practice recommendations from ASHRAE including maximizing outdoor air flow and using hospital grade ventilation filters.
- All classroom and learning areas’ air systems are flushed at the beginning of each day to ensure each area is ready for use. To learn more about ventilation and view a list of areas that have been checked for air quality in preparation for return to campus, visit Air Quality and COVID-19.
- SFU will continue to implement prevention measures at all stages of recovery including maintaining a clean environment through routine cleaning processes
- To submit a facilities service request, submit a Service Request