- Campus services
It is mandatory for SFU community members to submit Vaccine Declarations. Declarations are used to inform SFU’s Safety Plan to encourage the community to get vaccinated and to help SFU plan for safety measures on campus including rapid screening. Getting vaccinated is the most important thing we can do to protect ourselves and our community from COVID-19.
How it works
There are four options when you submit your declaration:
- Yes, I’m fully vaccinated
- No, I am partially vaccinated
- No, I am not vaccinated
- Prefer not to answer
The process is confidential and only takes a few minutes to complete. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your status, you will receive reminders about rapid screening. If you are vaccinated, you must now submit proof of vaccination.
SUBMIT PROOF OF VACCINATION
If you have declared you are vaccinated you must submit a photo of your BC Vaccine Card to show proof of vaccination by November 5, 2021.
Take the following steps to submit a photo of your BC Vaccine Card:
1. Log into the Thrive website.
2. Select “Update your vaccination declaration form.”
3. You will have to reselect your vaccination status: Yes, I am fully vaccinated or No, I am partially vaccinated.
4. Upload a photo of your BC Vaccine Card.
5. Check off the acknowledgement and select SUBMIT.
See the screen shots on How to upload Proof of Vaccination for more information.
We will conduct an audit in November to ensure the accuracy of the submissions.
Rapid screening is being offered to students, faculty and staff who are not vaccinated, or who choose not to declare their vaccination status. Visit the Rapid Screening page to learn more.
When am I considered fully vaccinated?
You are considered fully vaccinated when you are 14 days past:
- The second dose of a Health Canada-approved two-dose vaccine
- The second dose of a two different Health Canada-approved vaccines (i.e. first dose AstraZeneca, second dose Pfizer)
- One dose of a Health Canada-approved single-dose vaccine.
Were you vaccinated outside of Canada?
- If you are an International Student visit the Students Arriving to BC page of the BC CDC website to see if your vaccine has been approved.
We encourage all members of our community who can to get fully vaccinated for COVID-19. SFU is offering walk-in vaccination clinics on the Burnaby and Surrey campuses in addition to the clinics offered by local health authorities throughout the Lower Mainland.