Biomedical Physiology & Kinesiology
The mission of the Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology (BPK) is to advance the understanding of physiology, movement, and human health through fundamental and applied research, education, and service. BPK provides opportunities for outstanding learning, world-class research, and active engagement with the community, in order to improve human health. Many graduates successfully leverage their degree in BPK into the fields of medicine, dentistry and veterinary studies.
The Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology remains central to SFU's mission by providing unparalleled excellence in education and research in the area of individual human health and movement, by attracting and engaging a high number of students and by attracting a relatively high proportion of external funding and international recognition for high quality research.
- Dr. Tom Richardson Memorial Endowment Fund
- National Bank Financial Endowment Fund
- Dr. Gordon L. Diewert Memorial Kinesiology Endowment Fund
- Harold Hancheroff Memorial Endowment
- Mahatma Gandhi Endowment Fund
- Samuel and Leatrice Cohen Endowment Fund
- School of Kinesiology Alumni Endowment Fund