The Department of Earth Sciences is a relatively new academic unit in the Faculty of Science. It was established as a Program in 1995 and was granted full departmental status in September, 1999. The department functions around a traditional geology core, with teaching and research focused on environmental geology along with a slate of Earth Sciences courses that allows graduates to register as professional geoscientists (P.Geo) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC).
- University Women's Club of Vancouver Trust Fund Earth Sciences Endowment
- Edelmayer Endowment Fund
- Shaughn and Sharon Clements Earth Sciences Field Trip Endowment Fund
- James MacEachern Endowed Graduate Scholarship in Earth Sciences
- Earth Sciences Undergraduate Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Alexis Clague Award in Earth Sciences
- Mr. and Mrs Erwin Sommer Scholarship Endowment in Geography and Earth Sciences