Hyperbaric Safety Director
February 7 - 9, 2020
$700 + GST
This 3-day program provides necessary tools and resources to fulfill the responsibilities of the Hyperbaric Safety Director (as defined by CSA Z275.1). The curriculum includes classroom instruction and practical exercises.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to manage the safety issues associated with the care of patients in a hyperbaric medical setting, develop a comprehensive safety program, and know how to conduct safe hyperbaric chamber operations in accordance with current industry and regulatory standards.
Note: Completion of this course does not constitute certification or credentialing.
Who Should Attend:
This course is appropriate for hyperbaric technologists, respiratory therapists, nurses, physicians, and department managers of a hyperbaric facility.
Simon Hotel - Located here on Simon Faser University campus, is just a few minutes walk from our lab.
Near by Hotels - Here is a list of other local hotels, and the ameneties they offer.
- Principles of Risk Management
- The Risk Assessment Process
- Hyperbaric Facility Safety Management
- Role of the Hyperbaric Medical Director
- Fire Chemistry
- Hyperbaric Equipment Risks
- Maintenance Training
- Safety of Medical Gases
- Operational Decompression Procedures
- Safety Elements of Performance Improvement
- Understanding the Regulatory Environment
- What’s in the Codes and Why
- Review of Hyperbaric Mishaps
- Monoplace Department Survey
- Multiplace Department Survey