- Get Help
- Supporting Survivors
- Education & Prevention
- SFU Policy
- Welcome Belinda, our new Educational Specialist, Sexual Violence Prevention
- The SVSPO's Statement In Support of Black Lives Matter
- Meet & Greet with SVSPO Case Managers
- Introducing Virtual Drop-In Hours
- International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia 2020
- Consent Matters at SFU: May 2020
- The SVSPO will be working remotely as of March 18th, 2020
- GP44 Policy Review
- Phone and Video Guidelines
- Contact Us
- Leave Site Now
International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia 2020
May 17th is the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia (IDAHOT). This year's theme is "Breaking the Silence", where LGBTQI+ folks are encouraged to speak up and take up space worldwide. It is important for LGBTQI+ individuals to speak up and take up space because LGBTQI+ stories, voices, and lives matter.
We want to take a moment to celebrate the continued resistance and resilience of LGTBQI+ communities. As friends, family and community members let us use this call to action to (re)commit to actively break the silence that perpetuates transphobia, biphobia, homophobia, and violence against our LGBTQI+ community members.
More than ever, especially during this time of social distancing where many are isolated, it is important for us to recognize the impacts of discrimination, violence and persecution against LGBTQI+ individuals and actively work towards freedom and equality for all sexual, gender and bodily minorities.
You can learn more about May 17th by visiting their website here.