Outlook for Mac
This section details the basics of organizing your mail in the Outlook 2016 for Mac application.
1. To create a new top-level folder, right-click your mailbox (where your email address is in the folder list) and click New Folder. To create a new folder nested under a different top-level folder, right-click that folder and click New Folder. This will open a dialogue box where you can name your new folder. Hit Enter when done. Your new folder will be created and should appear in its place in your folder list.
2. You can also move a message into a folder by clicking the Move button in the ribbon. This will bring up a list of suggested folders. Should you wish to move the message into a folder that is not in this list, you can click Other Folder... to see a complete list of all the folders in your account.
2. The message will then be moved to the Deleted Items folder. A message can be recovered from the Deleted items folder by dragging it back into the Inbox.
Messages can be flagged for follow-up, as an easy way to identify messages that you may need to action on later. This feature also integrates with the Tasks module.
1. Select the message that you would like to flag in your message list, then click the Follow Up button in the ribbon. Optionally, you can click the drop-down menu to select different dates available to set for this follow-up flag.
3. Once you have flagged a message, a red flag icon will appear on the right side of the message in the message list, and a message will appear in the reading pane. You can then filter your Inbox by flagged messages, and your flagged messages will also appear in your tasks module.