Outlook for PC
This section details the basics of organizing your mail in the Outlook 2016 for PC application.
2. This will open a dialogue box where you can name your new folder. Hit Enter when done.
3. Your new folder will be created and should appear in its place in your folder list.
2. You can also move a message into a folder by clicking the Move button in the ribbon. This will bring up a list of suggested folders. Should you wish to move the message into a folder that is not in this list, you can click Other Folder... to see a complete list of all the folders in your account.
3. To move multiple messages into a folder at the same time, press and hold the ctrl button while clicking on the messages you wish to move. Once you have selected multiple messages, you can follow the steps outlined above to move those messages into the desired folder.
2. The message will then be moved to the Deleted Items folder. A message can be recovered from the Deleted items folder by dragging it back into the Inbox.
1. Should you need to recover items that you deleted from your Deleted Items folder (items that no longer exist in the deleted items folder), click the Recover deleted items from Server button in the ribbon.
2. This will open a list of items that you have permanently deleted from your Deleted Items folder. Once you have found the item(s) that you wish to recover, click it to select it, or ctrl-click to select multiple messages. You can also click the Select All button in the bottom right hand corner to recover all items.
3. Ensure that the Restore Selected Items radio-button is selected in the bottom left. Then, click OK to recover the selected items.
4. The items will then be recovered into the Deleted Items folder. You will need to move the items from the Deleted Items folder into the folder that they belong in.
Messages can be flagged for follow-up, as an easy way to identify messages that you may need to action on later. This feature also integrates with the Tasks module in SFU Mail.
1. Select the message that you would like to flag in your message list, then click the Follow Up button in the ribbon.
2. This will bring up a drop-down menu with different dates available to set for this follow-up flag. Select one of the options from the list to finish flagging this message.
3. Once you have flagged a message, a red flag icon will appear on the right side of the message in the message list. You can then filter your Inbox by flagged messages, and your flagged messages will also appear in your tasks module.