Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, 149 West Hastings Street
Amplifying ideas that fly below the radar.
Below the Radar is a weekly podcast hosted by Am Johal. We talk environmental and social justice, arts, culture, community-building and urban issues with featured guests.
Hosted on the territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh peoples, this podcast is produced by SFU’s Vancity Office of Community Engagement as a part of our Knowledge Democracy Project @ 312 Main — encouraging the meaningful exchange of ideas and information across communities.
Listen on: Soundcloud | Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Podyssey | Youtube
A series exploring how people are continuing to live, research, organize, and make art in a time of social distancing. We interview scientists, community organizations, activists, artists, and others about how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted people and their communities.
Listen to the series.
- Marcuse and the Rise of the New Left — with Andrew Feenberg
- Art, Migration, and Connection — with Adriana Contreras
- Post-Disaster Urbanism — with Mary Rowe
- Celebrating Queer Joy — with Brandon Yan
- Urban Subjects — with Sabine Bitter, Jeff Derksen and Helmut Weber
- Critical Librarianship — with Baharak Yousefi
- Community Engagement in Higher Education — with Barbara Holland
- On Arrival and Belonging — with Sobhana Jaya-Madhavan