Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, 149 West Hastings Street
Reel Causes: Dosed
General admission: $12.60
When: Thu, Jan. 23, 2020 | 7 p.m.
Where: Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema, SFU Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, 149 W. Hastings St.
Additional Info: Co-presented by Reel Causes
On January 23, join Reel Causes for a screening of the film Dosed. The film follows Adrianne as she turns to psychedelic medicine as a means to overcome her depression, anxiety and addiction.
Tyler Chandler | 83 mins
After many years of prescription medications failed her a suicidal woman turns to underground healers to try and overcome her depression, anxiety, and opioid addiction with illegal psychedelic medicine like magic mushrooms and iboga.
Adrianne’s first dose of psilocybin mushrooms catapulted her into an unexpected world of healing where plant medicines are redefining our understanding of mental health and addiction.
The cause: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) Canada envisions a world where psychedelics and marijuana are safely and legally available for beneficial uses, and where research is governed by rigorous scientific evaluation of their risks and benefits.
MAPS Canada furthers its mission by:
- Providing evidence-based, honest public education about the risks and benefits of psychedelics.
- Supporting scientific research into many aspects of psychedelics including treatments for medical conditions, neuroscience, creativity and spirituality.
- Planning, conducting, and publishing scientific research of psychedelic medicines.
- Developing psychedelics into prescription medicines.
- Training psychedelic psychotherapists and working to establish a network of treatment centers that can provide this service in the context of professional best practices.
Let your friends know that you are attending on Facebook.
Find out more about the work of our partners & join the online discussion in SFU's Vancity Office of Community Engagement Facebook group!