- Administration & Staff
- Research faculty
- Gabriela Aceves-Sepúlveda
- Alissa N. Antle
- Lyn Bartram
- Sheelagh Carpendale
- Parmit Chilana
- Jon Corbett
- Steve DiPaola
- Halil Erhan
- Brian Fisher
- Diane Gromala
- Marek Hatala
- Kate Hennessy
- Sylvain Moreno
- Carman Neustaedter
- Will Odom
- Philippe Pasquier
- Niranjan Rajah
- Bernhard Riecke
- Gillian Russell
- Thecla Schiphorst
- Chris Shaw
- Wolfgang Stuerzlinger
- Ron Wakkary
- Ö. Nilay Yalçin
- Teaching faculty
- Adjunct Faculty
- Work at SIAT
- Prospective students
- Current students
- Advising & support
- Student resources
- Course offerings
- Awards and Scholarships
- Study Abroad
- Co-op ↗
- Accelerated Master's Option
- Student Advisory Council
- IAT 499 Graduation Project
- Semester in Alternate Realities
- News & Events
- We are hiring
- Showcase Submission Form
- Fall 2022 Project Showcase
- Spring 2022 Project Showcase
- Fall 2021 Project Showcase
- Spring 2021 Project Showcase
- Fall 2020 Project Showcase
- Staff & faculty resources
Student Advisory Council
The SIAT Student Advisory Council is a council of students led by the IAT Student Union (IATSU) Vice President varying in year of study that acts as advisors to the SIAT Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UCC). The SIAT UCC plans and makes recommendations to the School on the continuing development of SIAT undergraduate programs.
The Student Advisory Council will aid in identifying gaps in the curriculum, issues with undergraduate student experience, and consult on internal processes that relate to students (SIAT Town Hall, complaints/concerns process for students). The Council will discuss them as a group and present it to the UCC to enact change and empower student voices on a higher level.
This will be done through monthly meetings led by the IATSU Vice President where they will discuss pressing matters that the VP will extend to the UCC advisory body. As well, bi-monthly the council will be able to direct concerns to a UCC representative, the SIAT Director or Associate Director.
Goals & responsibilities of the SIAT Student Advisory Council
- Provide feedback to the SIAT UCC regarding classes and content.
- Advise SIAT on changes to curriculum and processes related to undergraduate students.
- Improve the communication between the students and the faculty members.
- Act as a voice for students to promote a better student experience.
- Enhance the SIAT curriculum for students.
Council make-up & requirements
The Advisory Council will be made up of 5 members from each year of study to provide a diverse range of experiences.
- First Year Rep: 9 - 30 Credits*
- Second Year Rep: 31 - 74 Credits*
- Third Year Rep: 75- 90 Credits*
- Fourth Year Rep: 91+ Credits*
- IATSU Vice President - Voted in during the IATSU Elections
* Credits include the credits you plan on taking this application semester. For example - You have completed 24 credits but are taking 9 credits the semester you apply for the council, then your credit count would be 33 credits.
- 7 months membership from September-April (moving forward the date may change)
- 2-3 hours each month through Zoom meeting—every other month members will be joined by a member from UCC.
How to apply for the 2022/2023 council
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please subject the email: Student Advisory Council Application - [Your Full Name]
- Include a statement about why you are interested in joining the council (150-250 words).
- Include a statement on what improvements or issues you would like to move forward based on the goals and responsibilities of the council (100 words).
How applications work
- Application must be submitted by Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 11:59pm
- Applications will be reviewed by IATSU VP and UCC Chair
- Applicants may go through a casual interview process
- Chosen applicants will be notified by email before October 12, 2022 at 5pm