- SIAT professor contributes to a sold out MOMA show
- Could VR make us more human?
- Exploring Creative Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Meditative Walk
- Information Visualization Dashboards
- An 85 inch "tablet" for data visualization
- SIAT Success at ACM CHI 2019
- Women Made Visible
- Connecting People Through Technology
- Designing Mind-full apps
- Artificial Intelligence - Research Keeps it More Human
- Project & Story Submission
- Staff & faculty resources
Could VR make us more human?
We commonly understand that our experiences ultimately shape the people we become – basic learning theory, right? But that notion of experience is really turned on its head by Simon Fraser University researcher Bernhard Riecke. The School of Interactive Arts and Technology professor recently gave a talk at TEDxEastVan titled “Could Virtual Reality Make Us More Human?”
The talk centered largely around the accessibility of immersive environments and how virtual reality can provide an exceptional opportunity for transformative experiences. Riecke challenges normative notions of reality with the use of multi-sensory media. He asserts that virtual reality can foster meaningful and even pivotal experiences that can lead to emotional shifts that may not otherwise be experienced.
For more information take a look at Bernhard's work at ispacelab.com or watch the talk below.