- SIAT News
- Convocation Spotlight: Christy Lum
- Convocation Spotlight: Matthew Fong
- SIAT students launch initiative to share the stories of those lost to COVID-19
- SIAT student feeds healthcare heroes and boosts the local economy, one meal at a time
- SIAT students continue to dominate at the Vancouver User Experience Awards
- SFU alum Michael Cheng's venture Sniply acquired in multi-million dollar deal
- SIAT celebrates showcase with online online galleries
- SFU Instructors Speak About Sustainable Fashion in CBC Interview
- SIAT Alumnus takes 2019 New Ventures BC top Prize
- Undergrad Alumni Spotlight: Stephanie Bourgeois
- SFU students use virtual reality to address real-world problems
- Touchpoint 2019 Design Conference
- FCAT 2019 Undergraduate Conference
- Undergrads Win People's Choice at Van UX Awards ↗
- Experiential learning embraces experts and engagement
- Design by Day, Dance by Night
- Putting Your Work 'Out There'
- SIAT Design Field Schools
- Hands-On Making with Materials Engages Students
- Research & Exhibitions
- Project & Story Submission
- Staff & faculty resources
SIAT Alumnus takes 2019 New Ventures BC top Prize
SFU alumnus Michael Cheng, CEO of Lumen5, a multi-million-dollar company that makes it easier for anyone to create speedy, “thumb-stopping” videos, is celebrating the company’s first-place finish in the 2019 New Ventures BC competition.
Shortlisted as one of B.C.’s 10 top new ventures, Lumen5’s creators netted the $105,000 prize, and will focus on taking their business to the next level.
A video creation platform powered by artificial intelligence, Lumen5 was designed to be a powerful storytelling tool that helps businesses drive online engagement. Anyone, even those without video editing experience or technical training can easily create compelling social videos in minutes.
Read the rest of the article on SFU News.