Bomb threats are most commonly received by telephone or by letter. All threats must be taken seriously and handled as though an explosive device is on campus.
- If you receive a bomb threat by telephone, try to gather as much information as possible from the caller by asking such questions as:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb? What does it look like?
- Did you place the bomb? Why?
- Who are you and where do you live?
- Be aware of the caller’s:
- Estimated age
- State of mind (are they calm? agitated? angry? crying?)
- Any accent or distinguishing characteristics
- Listen for any background sounds
- Contact Campus Security. They may make the decision to evacuate the building, the Fire Alarm may be sounded and procedures will follow the building fire evacuation plan
Call the Campus Security Emergency Line 24/7