- Emergency preparedness
- Insurance & risk
- Travel safety
Know where to look for campus info when the snow hits? Got snow tires? Prepared your emergency kit? Have resources to stay safe and healthy this winter? Come get prepared!
What is winterfest?
Each November SRS hosts the annual SFU Burnaby "Winterfest" to help everyone on campus know what to expect from winter on Burnaby Mountain and how to stay safe and healthy throughout the winter season.
Come visit over 15 vendors where you can purchase emergency kits, get discounts on winter tires, and enter to win scores to prizes including Canucks tickets!
Review the information below to ensure you are prepared for winter weather on the Mountain.
Know before you go
Before you head out to the Burnaby, Vancouver, or Surrey campuses, get the latest information regarding campus conditions and class statuses:
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Winterize your vehicle and review winter driving tips and resources
- Drive safely
- 1. Stay Alert: Be aware of our surroundings
- 2. Slow Down: Especially before corners. Don't tailgate
- 3. Stay in Control: Turn off cruise control and be sensitive to how your car moves in different road conditions
- Choose main access paths when walking on campus and use indoor travel routes as much as possible
- Build emergency kits for your home, office, and car
- Make back-up plans and emergency plans for childcare, elder care, and pet care