- Emergency preparedness
- Insurance & risk
- Travel safety
What is Winterfest?
Students, faculty and staff are invited to learn from various experts on how to stay safe this upcoming winter season.
Visit with vendors, SFU service departments and other key members of our Safety and Risk Services team.
- Where: Convocation Mall, Burnaby campus
- When: Wednesday, November 2 from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m
- Win prizes by collecting ballots when you visit information tables.
- Learn about what to include in your emergency kit.
- Get in-depth information about preparing for winter on Burnaby Mountain
- Learn about severe weather protocols, road and public transit updates
- Get information about winter tires
Know before you go
Before you head out to SFU campuses, know where to get the latest information regarding campus conditions and class statuses:
- Review severe weather emergency procedures
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Drive slow!
- Choose main access paths when walking around campus
- Use indoor travel routes as much as possible
- Build an emergency kit for your home, office and car
- Make back-up and emergency plans for childcare, elder care and pet care