SFU Burnaby manages its mechanical access control devices internally through Campus Security Locksmiths. Some of the services the locksmiths provide are:
- Cutting keys for doors, cabinets, desks, padlocks, or most other applications, on request
- Installation of physical security devices such as latch-cover plates, deadboltsand high-security locks
- Re-keying master-key systems to meet the needs of departments
Please note that we are only able to assist with cabinet & desk locks that meet the university standard which includes KI (Kruger International), National & CES. Our lockshop is able to cut keys for most standard keys used at SFU but in some cases departments may have to contact the office furniture supplier.
If you have any questions about Burnaby campus locksmith services don’t hesitate to contact the Access Control Office at 778.782.7249 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To request locksmith services
- Complete a Locksmith Work Order form including contact person and account information.
- Give details of work requested, including door and building involved.
- Ensure that the form is authorized by the departmental signing authority.
- The form must be submitted to the Access Control office via email at email@example.com
- The locksmith foreman schedules work based on urgency. For information about work orders previously submitted please call 778.782.7249.
- For more information on Locksmith
Services at SFU Burnaby, contact Jason Eldridge at 778.782.8634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.