Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents do happen and it makes things easier to know what to do if you are involved in an accident on the Burnaby campus.
- Report the accident to Campus Security at 778.782.3100 or call the Campus Security Emergency Line at 778.782.4500 if there are injuries and medical attention is needed.
- If 911 emergency services have been called also contact and advise Campus Security. This will aid in ensuring responding emergency personnel locate the accident scene without delay after arrival on campus.
- Review the following instructions and information about Motor Vehicle Collisions from the Burnaby RCMP here.
- Report the accident to your insurance provider.
- If your accident involves a SFU vehicle, Accident Reporting Guidelines can be found HERE, or on the Risk Management webpage.
Contact phone numbers for the ICBC Dial-A-Claim Centre are:
In the Lower Mainland: 604.520.8222
Elsewhere in B.C., Canada, and the U.S.: 1.800.910.4222
Information for reporting an accident to ICBC can be found at http://www.icbc.com/claims