Motor Vehicle Accidents

Motor vehicle accidents do happen and it makes things easier to know what to do if you are involved in an accident on the Burnaby campus.

  • Report the accident to Campus Security at 778-782-7991 or call the Campus Security Emergency Line at 778-782-4500 if there are injuries and medical attention is needed.
    • If 911 emergency services have been called also contact and advise Campus Security. This will aid in ensuring responding emergency personnel locate the accident scene without delay after arrival on campus.
  • Review the following instructions and information about Motor Vehicle Collisions from the Burnaby RCMP here.
  • Report the accident to your insurance provider.
  • If your accident involves a SFU vehicle, Accident Reporting Guidelines can be found HERE, or on the Risk Management webpage.


Contact phone numbers for the ICBC Dial-A-Claim Centre are:

In the Lower Mainland: 604.520.8222

Elsewhere in B.C., Canada, and the U.S.: 1.800.910.4222

Information for reporting an accident to ICBC can be found at