- General safety
- Research safety
- Construction safety
- Safety committees
COVID-19 Safe Work Requirements on Campus
Working on-campus step-by-step guide
- Determine whether the work can continue to be performed remotely.
- Refer to the HR Guidance document for Supervisors.
If work cannot be performed remotely, proceed to Step 2.
- Confirm with your Chair/Dean/Director that you have permission to resume working on campus.
- Develop a Safety Plan for your work unit in consultation with your local safety committee and employees.
- Use WorkSafeBC Safety Plan template for guidance.
- Refer to the SFU COVID-19 Guidance on Safe Work on Campus document for more detailed information and the SRS Office Safety Plan is provided as a departmental example.
When do I need to prepare a Safety Plan? If you are coming to campus to briefly pick up something from your office, then you don’t have to do the training or prepare a Safety Plan. If you are regularly coming to campus to work, event for a few hours at the time then you should complete the training and prepare a Safety Plan.
Note: shared spaces, including washrooms, elevators and study areas will be addressed by Facilities Services.
- Submit the draft Safety Plan to your Chair/Dean/Director for approval.
- Submit the approved plan to SRS.
- Post a physical copy in the work area.
- Share the plan with all impacted employees.
- Procure the necessary barrier, cleaning/disinfection and PPE supplies as identified in your Safety Plan.
- Work cannot resume on campus until all required supplies are obtained.
- Post signage and install decals/tape in the work area as needed.
- Use the COVID-19 Signage Toolkit to print and order posters and decals.
- Ensure that all employees already working or resuming work on campus complete the COVID-19 Awareness and Safe Return to Work training module.
- Confirm completion by requesting copies of employees’ training certificates.
Working on-campus resources
- SFU Covid-19 Recovery Framework
- SFU Covid-19 Guidance on Safe Work on Campus
- Physical distancing protocol
- Cleaning and disinfection protocol
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- WorkSafeBC Safety Plan template
- SRS Office Safety Plan (example)
- Covid-19 Awareness and Safe Return to Work training module
- Covid-19 Signage Toolkit
- Working alone or in isolation
- Guidance for COVID-19 Safety Plan Inspections