Student support and resources
All students are valued members of SFU’s community of scholars. The resources below are available to support you.
Ethical tutoring resources
Academics First for Indigenous students and athletes.
Writing support: The SLC provides writing consultations as well as the free Write Away service.
- CHEM: The Department of Chemistry has a list of graduate students who can provide content specific tutoring.
- FREN: The Department of French offers a free, online, drop-in service (Tutorat) to assist all students currently enrolled in FREN courses with homework-related French language questions.
- LING or COGS: The Linguistics Department Writing Centre offers free tutoring for any student needing support with a Linguistics or Cognitive Science course.
- MATH: The Math department offers free workshops in Algebra, Applied Calculus, Calculus and support in Quantitative courses.
- SCIENCE: Volunteer peer tutors provide support for BISC, BPK, CHEM, MATH, MBB and PHYS classes on a drop-in basis. This is free!
- STAT / ACMA: Students enrolled in a Statistics or ACMA course can hire a tutor through the department or attend a free Statistics workshop.
Common citation guides such as APA, MLA and Chicago/Turabian.
How to cite ChatGPT in APA.
Ask a librarian for help at AskAway.
English as an Additional Language services: The SLC free academic English coaching and non-credit courses in English Grammar and Writing. English conversation groups are also available through the Conversation Partners program.
Study skills and strategies: With free workshops from Time Management to Note Taking to improving your Reading Effectiveness, the SLC can provides you with all the tips to becoming a successful and less stressed student!
Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) (note taking program): The CAL office is available to speak to any student with a documented or suspected disability about accommodations or services that will ensure fair access to learning material.
Health and Counselling: A student’s life can be overwhelming. The staff at Health and Counselling are available to support you with your mental and physical health.
International Student Support: Whether you are looking for assistance with housing, understanding documents or navigating life in Canada, contact International Services for Students to meet other students, share resources and gain knowledge.
Arlette Stewart, MA
Academic Integrity Coordinator
Heather Roberts, MEd, CCC
Student Conduct Coordinator/Case Manager
What is Academic Integrity (video)