Summer Transition and Orientation Program for Students with Disabilities
Registration Now Open HERE
TIME AND DATE TO BE DETERMINED
Are you a new student coming to SFU in September? Are you a parent of a student with a disability? Do you want to learn more about services and supports available at SFU for students with disabilities? Then this orientation program is for you!
The major focus of the Summer Transition and Orientation program is to provide students and parents with an overview of disability services at SFU. This free information session is complementary to the SFU Burnaby New Student Welcome Day.
Starting university is an exciting time full of possibilities and opportunities. For students with disabilities the transition to post-secondary education can also pose unique challenges. The Centre for Accessible Learning Transition and Orientation Program will provide you with valuable information about academic accommodations, supports and other campus services.
Topics that will be covered:
- Overview of Centre for Accessible Learning
- Freedom of Information and Consent
- From high school to university: What to expect?
- Introduction to university teaching and learning elements i.e. lecture, seminar, lab, tutorial etc.
- CAL registration process
- Other support services across campus
- Hear from upper year students as to what first year is really like
Agenda to be finalized