- Canadian high school
- International high school
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Tours & Events
- Fees & Scholarships
- Student Experience
- FAQs & Connect
Admission deferral request
- You must pay SFU's non-refundable confirmation deposit for the term of your original offer; the deposit will not be refunded if your deferral request is denied.
- If your offer is conditional, your deferral request will be reviewed once we receive your final grades.
- You may only request a deferral of your admission once.
- You may request a deferral for up to one full year and to any of the terms within that year.
- You may not attend another post-secondary institution during your deferral term(s).
- Deferral requests for Entrance Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries will be considered on a case by case basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting the deferral request.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
The information on this form is collected under the authority of the University Act (RSBC 1996 c.468 s.27[4a]). This information is needed, and will be used, to update your student record. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information contact the Associate Registrar, Information, Records and Registration, 778.782.6930.