Enrollment Appeal Committee (EAC) Terms of Reference
The EAC comprises of the following people:
- Chair: Associate Registrar, Information, Records & Registration Services (or designate)
- Member: Assistant Registrar, Senate & Academic Services
- Member: Assistant Registrar, Registrar & Information Services
(rotates on an annual basis between the Burnaby, Surrey and Vancouver Assistant Registrars, Registrar & Information Services)
- Member: Manager, Graduate Admissions, Records and Registration
- Member: Associate Director, Student Engagement and Retention
- Member: Vice-President University Relations, Board of Directors, Simon Fraser Student Society
- Secretary (non-voting): Coordinator, Appeals
- Quorum for the Committee is three voting members.
The purpose of the Enrollment Appeal Committee (EAC) is to consider appeals for refunds of tuition fees and tuition penalties for classes dropped due to extenuating circumstances beyond a student’s control. Financial hardship does not qualify.
The Coordinator, Appeals, presents the appeals to the committee members, and ensures refunds are completed in accordance with the decision of the Committee. The Coordinator, Appeals, will provide to the committee any information required by the committee in considering an appeal
The committee will also recommend to the Registrar changes to appropriate policy and procedures where adjustments are deemed to be required by the committee.
The EAC reports to the Registrar and Executive Director, Student Enrollment.
- Late payment appeals must be submitted within one calendar year from the time the student dropped the class(es)
- Tuition refund request must be submitted within one calendar year from the time the student dropped the class(es)
- Tuition refund appeals must be submitted within 30 days of the time the student receives a decision regarding their tuition refund request.
The committee meets monthly.
The decision of the Committee is final.
Updated August 2020.